Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Holiday Cards are arriving

ok, ok, so I've been neglecting this blog and it pains me to even think about what to blog about when I'm more concentrated on stocking my shop. I promise to get this thing going come first of the year. But I had to pop in and share a new holiday card that I designed for two reasons; 1 : I wanted to offer up some fun holiday cards and 2 : I've been taking a class online from Nicole's Classes for Illustrator and one of this week's assignments was to create a piece of artwork that demonstrated what we have learned so far. What a fun project this was!

We are in week 3 of illustrator 102 and let me tell you, I have learned more then I have in the last 6 years on my own. Alma, the instructor is wonderful at teaching. Her style is just like mine which makes it even better. You can check out her blog here and to see a list of courses that Nicole's classes offers just head on over to their website. I already signed up for the patterns class and cannot wait to dive into making my own beautiful designs.

I really had no ideas in mind when I sat down at my computer this evening. In fact, I really needed to concentrate on designing some notecards I have been working on. BUT, somehow my brain turned directions and within 2 hours this is what I got. Funny how things work.

This card is a 5 x 7 printable file available in my shop. The font and words are customizable for free. I also managed to get some other holiday cards listed as well that allows you to insert your own image or I can do it for you.  Enjoy!
post signature





No comments:

Post a Comment