Saturday, November 17, 2012

Handmade Envelopes and some wicked iPhone pics

today was one of those days where I just wouldn't be satisfied unless I had a new listing in my shop. The problem was, I had a packed schedule full of events to attend with my 3yr in tow. How was I going to get this done? I'll tell you how.

I have an iPhone 4s. Etsy recently did an update to the Etsy app that allows you to now upload pictures from your phone to create new listings yah! I decided to give it a go this morning and here are thoughts.

I'm in love, addicted, and cannot wait to list more once the sun comes back up tomorrow. I can list while taking care of business ( I know, too much info. ) or while waiting at the doctors office. I'm just so thrilled I can't hardly stand it.

Last night, I was working on a new product ( see image below ) and I was so excited about these cute little envelopes that I couldn't wait to share them with the world. I'm fortunate to have a sliding glass door in my kitchen which leaves in the best natural light. While my daughter was getting dresses this morning, I had to take some pictures. I just had to. On a side note, I often take quick shots with my camera just to look at and critique before I take the "real" picture with my crappy Nikon Coolpix that's about the have it's 5th birthday.

Anyways, this morning, I grabbed some scrapbooking paper, laid out my cute new envelopes and started snapping next to the door with the natural light. I did several shots all in about 5 minutes time. Below, you can see the results of the completely unedited iPhone pictures I took this morning. Not bad huh!

I didn't have time to create the listing right then and there, so While we were waiting in line, at several stores today and while at the doctors office, I was able to get the listing completely done and published to Etsy. Yah for time management and the Etsy app.

The moral of this post is this, you don't need a fancy DSLR to take great shots. You don't need a full photo setup with special lights and tents etc. These shots were taking in natural light from the glass door, a piece of scrapbook paper, a pencil and some bakers twine. That's it!

I challenge you and your phone's camera skills for your next photo shoot!

These cute cards can now be found in the Print Smitten Etsy shop :)
PS. tutorial coming soon on how to make these. And of course all photos will be shot with my phone. Yipee!
post signature



1 comment: